Even a modest weight loss of 5 to 15% of total body weight in a person who is overweight or obese, reduces the risk factors for some diseases, particularly heart disease.
Weight loss can result in lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, and lower cholesterol levels, better moods and energy, improved mobility and decreased pain, more confidence and self esteem, better sex life and social life, improved aesthetics, and cheaper living.
A person with a Body Mass Index (BMI) above the healthy weight range may benefit from weight loss, especially if he or she has other health risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, a sedentary lifestyle, and a personal and/or family history of heart disease.
- You’ll look better, feel better and have more energy to do the things that are important to you.
- Your initial visit includes blood work and an EKG to measure heart health.
- We will monitor important hormone and electrolyte levels to ensure they are optimal for weight loss.
- Medication will be prescribed to help suppress appetite and/or make you feel fuller faster to support sustainable results.
- You will have regular follow up visits (no appointment needed) to track weight loss, measure blood pressure, pulse rate, and body mass index (BMI), as well as monitor exercise and eating goals.
- We provide guidance for caloric restrictions, exercise, and the benefits of balanced nutrition.